Experienced Legal Guidance For You And Your Family

  1. Home
  2.  » Post-Decree Modifications

Charting A New Course With Post-Decree Divorce Modifications

Sometimes, life throws you a curveball. Maybe it’s a job loss, a relocation or a change in your child’s needs. The divorce order that once fit your circumstances might no longer make sense. Many divorce orders aren’t set in stone, and you may have an opportunity to change them.

I’m Kenneth Louie, a divorce lawyer based in Plantation. I help people like you navigate post-divorce modifications. I bring to the table over a decade of experience in Florida family law. As a solo attorney, I offer a high level of truly personal attention and a hands-on approach. Your unique needs and goals are always at the heart of my strategy.

What To Know About Post-Decree Modifications In Florida

Post-decree modifications are changes to the court orders that were put into place at the time your divorce or custody case was finalized, including:

Note that property distribution can’t be modified once it is final.

Guidance Through The Modification Process

The process for modification can be straightforward if both parties reach an agreement. The court typically approves such agreements. If they involve custody changes, the court must ensure that the new arrangement serves the best interests of the child or children involved.

In contested cases, however, it may be necessary to go to court again. You will need to prepare strong evidence and arguments and be ready for court hearings. You must also demonstrate that you meet the legal standards required for modifying existing orders.

Your Compass In Navigating Post-Decree Modifications

Whether your ex-spouse is on board with your proposed modification or not, you will need an experienced lawyer to serve as your compass and ensure that nothing goes wrong. I can guide you through every step, ensuring that your rights and interests are protected.

Contact my firm – The Law Office of Kenneth J. Louie – today to start the process of adjusting your divorce order to better suit your current life situation. I offer free initial consultations. You can also call me at 954-546-7328.